The Newark Patriotic Fund is a not for profit organisation raising funds and providing support for injured service personnel’s families so that they can be supported too.
Foreword By The Chairman
I am immensely proud to be the Chairman and Founder member of the Newark Patriotic Fund. Established in 2007 we have gone from strength to strength supporting our local veterans and their families. As a joint armed services charity our armed services are all represented including a wide range of age groups who have that common bond of having served their country. As a veteran myself I am acutely aware of the challenges some veterans face and that is why I am determined to ensure that no matter their circumstances all veterans and their families are welcome.
Over the years we have helped many people some of whom were in desperate need of support from the most severe cases of PTSD to just needs to build back their confidence, from in a financial mess to needing help getting a council house or help getting a job. We have a can help attitude and if we can’t help we know someone who can.
The Newark Patriotic Fund has a great team of volunteers who without them there wouldn’t be the charity. All the trustees and the volunteers give up their time for free which means every penny raised goes to those who need it the most.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our site, please spread the word so that any veteran who may need help will know they have support by veterans for veterans.
Chairman Keith Girling
MILITARY NEWS FEED
- The Dickin Medal: 80 years of recognising brave animals
- British frigate returns home
- Rolls-Royce completes 100% sustainable aviation fuel test
- MHM Caption Competition: December 2023
- MHM Competition: December/January
- Letters from my ancestor: discovering a WWI story
- The Past, Present, and Future of Military Motorcycles (and e-bikes)
- The Container Transport System – GUEST POST